2014 Thrill Show Rules
Cars may be brought to the track no earlier than 8:00am or no later than 1:00pm.
These rules cover all vehicles used for Sunday Thrill Show in these events:
Figure 8, Enduro, Enduro Drags, backwards, roll over, barrel, and any other advertised races.
1. Cars must be street Hardtop no T-tops, Sunroofs allowed must be covered with minimum 22 gauge sheet metal.
2. Any automobile allowed. EXCEPT - NON ELIGIBLE: convertibles, limos, hearses. All Cadillacs, Lincolns up to 1984. Ford LTD 1969 to 1978. No full size Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth up to 1973 or Any Large wagons. Eligible: Mimi vans, compact trucks (no 4x4) and compact wagons will be permitted for all events.
3. Driver must be 18 years old and have a valid driver's license.
4. Driver must wear a regulation safety helmet (NO HALF HELMETS) and use factory installed or approved seat belts.
5. Battery - if RELOCATED - must be enclosed in a case and secured to passenger's side floor ONLY. Keep cables from sharp edges!
6. ALL Glass and Upholstery MUST be removed - Including rugs and headliners. (Windshield must remain or replaced with Lexan).
7. Bumpers and body must remain stock. No cutting of fenders allowed. No towing brackets, latches, or bars allowed at rear or in front of car. All cars must have original bumpers firmly mounted to compete in all events at all times.
8. All exterior moldings, lighting fixtures, mirrors, front grill (if plastic) and hub caps must be removed. Cars must be clean of debris. (NO GLASS!!!) Or they will not be allowed to compete! Trunks must be clean no trash left inside.
9. Gas tanks may remain in stock location. If relocated, orignial type tanks cannot be used. Only small gas tanks of 5 gallons or less are permitted. Boat tanks preferred. Tanks must be relocated to inside the trunk area ONLY! And be secured properly with a sheet metal wall separating the trunk and passengers compartment. Fuel lines must travel under the car ONLY.
10. Rollover bars are allowed. No bars allowed on outside of car or into trunk and engine compartment.
11. ALL SAFETY AIR BAGS must be disconnected. Don't forget to disconnect impact sensors on car that will shut car off.
12. Doors must be strapped, wired, or welded shut. Driver's door must be padded inside.
13. Numbers must be painted on car doors and trunk and must be 24 inches high and 4 inches wide. (Any number permitted). If running Enduro races the numbers must be clearly visible to score.
14. Carburetor Air-Cleaner & Element MUST REMAIN! NO Anti-freeze allowed. Water ONLY. Strictly enforced!
15. Hood - Five inch hole MUST be placed in hood for access in case of fires. No weight may be added to any vehicle.
16. Drivers MUST not deliberately push others into the outer walls or they will be subject to disqualification by Race Officials.
17. Cars are NOT allowed in the infield area unless they have stopped competing. Drivers must NOT tear up any portions of the infield grass areas or DISQUALIFICATIONS WILL RESULT!!!
18. TIRES! No racing tires, No re-caps, No treatment of tires that enhance performance. If you show up with any of these you will not compete!
19. NO PARTICIPANTS ARE ALLOWED TO CONSUME ANY BEER OR ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES. The police will evict anyone doing so. Violators will also be refused to compete in future events.
20. Sign-in for all events are on a first come basis.
NOTICE: Due to past problems it is necessary to implement the following rules:
1. NO buying or selling of cars on premises allowed. NO stripping of vehicles allowed on speedway grounds.
2. Only the registered car owner with claim ticket can only take cars off the premises within a 45 minute period after conclusion of the program.
3. Cars remaining on premises after the 45 minute period WILL become the property of Seekonk Speedway.
4. The grounds WILL be PROMPTLY CLEARED after the show - NO LOITERING will be allowed.
Entry deadline: All Applications must be received with payment prior to
Pit Pass fee: $25.00 (paid at Track - Do Not Send Money)